What is Wearmax?
Wearmax is a highly effective floor sealer containing thousands of tiny ceramic components. It offers you an attractive, easy to clean finish that is considerably more resistant to wear, scratches and slips than any other seal or coating.
Wearmax-coated floor in a hospital reception area
How does Wearmax work?
Wearmax is a three-tiered sealing solution. The first coat is the primer which is specially formulated to generate adhesion on the floor surface and prepares the surface to take the second coat – the Wearmax Armor.
Wearmax seal being applied to the vinyl floor in a hospital
This contains ceramics and provides the actual main wear-layer. The ceramic particles generate an extremely hard and enduring protection against daily wear and tear. Due to the dense and even particle distribution across the entire surface excellent protection of the coated surface is achieved as well as excellent traction due to the fine roughness generated by the exposed ceramic particles. Excellent traction is provided even on damp and/or wet surfaces.
This provides the top coat that generates certain gloss values and protection of the Armor coat against dirt and soils. This product performs with excellent resistance against diluted acids and alkaline substances. Cross-Linker cleaning plus the individual layers allows these layers to bind together and enhance the chemical and stain resistance of the finished surface.
Wearmax Colour with ceramic particles (click to enlarge)
The benefits of Wearmax
- highly resistant to wear
- resistant to disinfectants to a great extent
- resistant to acids and alkaline solutions to a great extent
- maintenance free
Wearmax provides excellent traction, even in damp or wet surfaces.
Wearmax Colour and Wearmax Medical (click to enlarge)
Where can you use Wearmax?
The Wearmax coating system is suitable for use on the following floors:
- plastic or PVC
- synthetic rubber
- design floor coverings
- wood and parquet floors
- sports hall coverings
Wearmax is available in all RAL colours as well as clear (matt, satin and gloss) and can therefore greatly transform even the drabbest of floor surfaces.
Wearmax: the best choice for Facility Managers
The Wearmax range of floor coatings protects your floors from slips, trips, traffic wear and costly maintenance. Only the best could offer:
- A 5 – 10 year warranty (5 years in a commercial environment and up to 10 years in the healthcare sector). There are examples of Wearmax being applied to floors 15 years ago and still looking as good today as on day one!
- Surfaces that are easy to maintain, offering the opportunity to reduce cleaning and maintenance costs.
- A range of RAL colours allowing individual choice and can include coloured chips or individual designs as required.
- Incredible anti-slip properties – WearMax includes a slip-resistant surface to 40+ pendulum test values (BS 7976) – 5 year warranty.
This floor was treated with Wearmax 14 years ago, on a vinyl floor that was already 25 yrs old.